I had dinner tonight with a sweet friend. Over authentic Mexican cuisine (yum!), we managed to come around to the subject of blogs. We both agreed that some of the most encouraging words come from those who “tell it like it is”! – who aren’t afraid to share their failures as well as their triumphs! It always does my heart good to see that others are experiencing the same “realities” as I am.
So, in the hopes of encouraging you, my dear readers, I have decided to post a few of the “realities” in my home right now (now being about 1:00 a.m):
At this moment:
1. There is a huge pile of laundry in my bathroom that is growing exponentially, and threatening to take over the entire floor space. I would move it to the laundry room, except for the fact that there’s no place in there to put it, due to the laundry piled up on my sorter. I have declared to dh that I will be attempting to climb the laundry mountain tomorrow – pray that I don’t pass out from the thin air at the top.
2. I have two large boxes containing new, as yet unassembled, bookcases laying in the middle of my living room floor. I bought them this morning, with the intention of building them, as well as moving all of the books onto them off of the old broken shelves, by this afternoon!
3. Keeping the boxes company on the living room floor are: 3 DVD’s, several books, 2 toddler riding/push toys, 1 couch pillow, a Cinderella comforter, 1/2 of a broken crayon, 1 dog toy, a pink toy cell phone, an empty carton of goldfish crackers, 1 cat (real, not toy), and 1 Cinderella glass slipper. (Now, I almost didn’t post this because the room ISN’T as messy as usual – after all most of the house is asleep – check back for an update tomorrow afternoon, when things will be more…normal.) I won’t even talk about what’s lurking under the couches.
4. There are sweet angels sleeping all over the house – you know how beautiful they always are when they’re sleeping! There are 2 that should be sleeping, but are staying up keeping Mom company – of course, these same 2 will have a difficult time getting up for school tomorrow morning! (As would I, except that the littles will have me up in plenty of time.)
5. The kitchen is. . . well, let’s just not go there.
This has been a blessed day, filled with baby and toddler snuggles, math problems, 3 colds on the mend, not enough laundry doing, a van that didn’t act up, a daughter volunteering to wash baseboards (for the right price!), tea-stained antique map making (History!), and a husband who entertained all of the children, so that I could go out to dinner.
Maybe something in this post has been encouraging to you! If so, do leave me a comment and let me know. I would certainly hate for all this “reality” to go to waste!
And to my sweet friend (you know who you are), I’m looking forward to reading YOUR blog someday soon!
Filed under: Tell It Like It Is! | 4 Comments »