“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
I am thankful today for the gifts of summer -
1. I am thankful for sunny days with blue skies and puffy white clouds.
2. I am thankful for summer thunderstorms giving a break from the heat and much needed refreshment to the natural world around me.
3. I am thankful for crisp, clear nights with millions of twinkling stars and the sound of crickets chirping outside my window.
4. I am thankful for cool breezes blowing through the trees.
5. I am thankful for glorious flowers that bring beauty and joy to my world.
6. I am thankful for the wonderful foods of summer – hot dogs and cheeseburgers on the grill, watermelon, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, juicy peaches and plums, cool refreshing salads, crisp cucumbers, popsicles, cobbler and home-made ice cream.
7. I am thankful for relaxed days with “just living” on the schedule.
8. I am thankful for summer fun – swimming, gardening, going to the movies, riding bikes, swinging on the swing, playing hopscotch and blowing bubbles in the air.
9. I am thankful for family get-togethers, picnics, and family vacations.
10. I am thankful for the great God we serve, who gives us all good gifts from His hand to enjoy.
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” -James 1:17
To find more Thankful Thursday participants, click on the box below and be blessed by many lovely posts this week.