“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here is my thankful list for today -
1. I am thankful that we had rain yesterday, even though it was just a small amount. The clouds cooled us off for a part of the day, too, which was nice.
2. I am thankful that Jeff was not hurt when his car was hit Monday night and spun around twice. I am thankful that he was able to drive the car home, that he was able to work from home for a few days and that he now has a rental car to be able to go on with life until he has his own car back.
3. I am thankful for a few days of rest coming up through the weekend, without predetermined plans.
4. I am thankful that my cross-stitching lesson with the girls at Keepers Club went well last night and that everyone seemed to have a really good time.
5. I am thankful that Ryan is settled in his new home, Matthew is settled in his new room and I can now move all of the littles’ toys out of my room into the new playroom.
6. I am thankful that Tommy bounced back quickly from his hard trip to the dentist earlier this week – he had to have 2 teeth pulled, and one was quite stubborn and wouldn’t come out easily, which made for a rough time for Tommy. I am thankful that he is doing better now.
7. I am thankful that we get to go to the library booksale today and find some wonderful treasures to bless our family! Of course, if we find too many treasures, the playroom will have to become part library!
8. I am thankful for the fun time I had with my family last weekend celebrating my brother’s and my birthday, laughing and visiting; and for the sweet gifts that I received.
9. I am thankful for my grandmother, Me-Maw, whose birthday will be tomorrow. She was a special blessing in my life – always doting and proud of her grandchildren.
10. I am thankful for the ability to bring all of my cares to my loving heavenly Father, who will carry every burden in my life for me and allow me to simply rest in His capable arms.
To read more thankful thoughts, just click on the button below to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday. And thank you, Iris, for hosting this wonderful opportunity for us all to focus on our blessings!