“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here is my thankful list for this week -
1. I am thankful for the clouds and cooler weather that we have been receiving from the remnants of Gustav. Yesterday was actually cool enough to warrant a jacket!
2. I am thankful for our new school year beginning next week with exciting new lessons, fun crafts, and cozy reading adventures waiting for us.
3. I am thankful for the Lord’s guidance, as he has redirected my school plans away from the train wreck I was planning and brought me back to solid ground with a much simplified and workable plan. I will post more about our school plans next week.
4. I am thankful for the lovely smells of autumn, with my spiced candles burning and pumpkin bread baking in the oven.
5. I am thankful that our Labor Day Cup was such a success and we all had such a good time!
6. I am thankful for the preciousness of my 2 year old, and the joy he brings to my days.
7. I am thankful for the inspiration I receive from all of the blogs I visit, and the way the Lord uses this in my life. It was while reading someone’s blog this week, that God opened my eyes to that train wreck I was planning and gave me a much better and more fruitful plan, which is a delight to my heart. You are all truly a blessing in my life.
8. I am thankful for all of the lovely comments I’ve been reading as you all share your favorite things about Fall with me on my giveaway post. (Have you entered my Autumn Back-To-School Giveaway yet? It ends tomorrow!)
9. I am thankful for my home and family that God has given me to care for – what a beautiful privilege to have.
10. I am thankful for these verses from the Romans passage we studied in our Ladies Bible Study this week -
“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!
For who has know the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor?
Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again?
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.” -Romans 11: 33-36
To read more thankful thoughts, click on the button (and then “Main Page”) to find the list of participants this week in Thankful Thursday.