“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
This week finds me thinking several thankful thoughts, mostly snow related –
1. I am so thankful that God kept the boys safe and sound when they went driving out in the snow storm the other night (see that story here )
2. I am thankful for the beauty of a world transformed by snow. Everything is always so quiet and peaceful, almost sacred, and it is especially special to us in Texas because we don’t experience it very often.
3. I am thankful that the Lord gave my children the joy and excitement of playing out in the snow this year, even with it’s accompanying explosion of coats, hats, scarves, and mittens all over the house. Some of you won’t understand this, since you deal with this all winter long, but it really is a treat for us here!
4. I am thankful for a warm, cozy home to stay in and look at the snow from. I really don’t like the cold, so I’m especially thankful that I can enjoy the snow and still stay warm!
5. I am thankful that Jeff’s foot is starting to heal, little by little each day.
6. I am thankful for Tommy, whose 11th birthday was this week!!!
7. I am thankful for some lessons that the Lord is teaching me in relation to our homeschooling lifestyle – hope to share some of this in the future.
8. I am thankful for all of these children sitting on my bed in here, playing Nintendo DS games together and screaming and cheering. . .really I am. . .no, really…never mind the fact that my brain goes into block mode for writing when there is noise around me – now that I think of it, how do I ever get any posts written? (Thank you, Lord, for the solace of !:00 a.m.!)
9.. I am thankful that the Lord has seen fit to bless me with all of these blessings again, as we have a forecast for 4-6 inches of snow again today!! And guess what -it has just started as I write!! (And guess what else – Matthew is at work again – this sounds like an instant replay.)
To read more Thankful Thursday posts, click on the button below and enjoy some other wonderful blogs.