“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here is my Thankful Thursday list for this week –
1. I am thankful for the beautiful, warm weather we have been having all week.
2. I am thankful for my sweet daughter, Sarah, who is turning 10 years old tomorrow!
3. I am thankful for family, and the lovely time we had together on Easter.
4. I am thankful that I get to see and visit with my cousin tonight (I only have 5 cousins!), who I haven’t seen in almost 30 years, but who I share many happy childhood memories with.
5. I am thankful for Band-aids to cover and protect all of the many boo-boo’s that my children have been getting lately, since they have been able to spend so much fun time outside this week!
6. I am thankful that our barn swallows are back, nesting in a corner of our patio. They nested there the first two years that we lived here, but did not do so last year. It is so wonderful to watch them build the nest, feed their babies, and teach them how to fly!
7. I am thankful for these words from Christ in Matthew 11:28-30 –
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
To read more Thankful Thursday posts, click the button below to find other participating blogs.
Have a lovely Thursday!
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |