“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
This Thankful Thursday I am dedicating to my parents. God has blessed me with a wonderful Mom and Dad who have always loved and cared for me. They are kind and thoughtful and very patient with their daughter who gets so caught up in day to day life that too much time usually goes by without her talking to them!
Here are some of the many things I thank God for –
1. I am thankful that my parents raised me to know God.
2. I am thankful that my parents filled our home with traditions that bind us together even to this day.
3. I am thankful that my Dad always provided for us and always wanted the best in life for me.
4. I am thankful that my Mom stayed home to care for us and was always there for me.
5. I am thankful for memories of summer vacations at the beach, Friday nights with the Bradys and the Partridges complete with “fried tape” (popcorn, for those of you who don’t know), trips to the library to bring home our favorite stories (and a few new ones to become favorites), sledding down a snow covered hill tucked safely in my Daddy’s lap, watching my Mom sewing dresses for my sister and I, and being served ginger-ale and peanut butter crackers when I was ill – all of these memories lovingly provided by my parents.
6. I am thankful that my parents have supported me in my life and in the paths that the Lord has called me to.
7. I am thankful that my Mom and Dad have given of themselves, sacrificially, under good and bad circumstances to teach me and raise me to follow their example by providing a loving home for my children.
8. I am thankful for the great blessing you are to me, Mom and Dad – and just wanted to tell you so. I love you both very much!
Here’s the link to find out what others are thankful for this Thursday – just click the button and then click “Main Page”.
Have a lovely day!