“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
I have several thankful thoughts this week –
1. I am thankful that my oldest son, Robert, is here visiting for a few days. We see way too little of him and it sure is nice to see him and to have all of my chicks back in the nest at one time, even if it is only for a few days. It is fun to watch the little kids playing with him, too!
2. I am thankful that God kept us safe in the thunderstorm yesterday, as a tornado warning was issued for our area, sirens went off and hail was falling! We were all crouched in the closet until it was over, which was a little unnerving to most, but an adventure all at the same time.
3. I am thankful that Jeff is working from home today – and that his job allows him the flexibility to do so when he deems it necessary. He has spent most of our married life in jobs that were not so flexible and I am really appreciating it now!
4. I am thankful that the Homeschool Bookfair is this weekend! You know how I feel about this if you read my Daybook post below. I am also thankful that Ryan will be here to watch all the kids, so I won’t need to worry about them while I’m gone.
5. I’m thankful that my garden is almost completely planted (did I say that last week?). Even if I did, I’m further along this week – all that’s left to plant are green beans and morning glories, and maybe a replanting of okra, as I’ve only gotten 2 plants up and that certainly won’t do around here.
6. I’m thankful that the sun is shining today after 3 days of rain and clouds!
7. I’m thankful for my “baby” sister, who celebrated her “29th” birthday this week (again)!
8. I’m thankful for these wonderful words from the Lord –
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, “Do not fear; I will help you.’ ” -Isaiah 41: 10, 13
Looking for more lovely Thankful Thursday thoughts? Click the button below to find more participants.