“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Just a random list today –
1. I am thankful for Jeff working from home yesterday, dealing with the repairmen who both showed up simultaneously. I am especially thankful that God worked it out this way, since I was feeling ill most of the day.
2. I am thankful that I’m feeling better today – much to do to prepare for the festivities tomorrow!
3. I am thankful for a wonderful, rich evening at Ladies Bible Study last night, for the joys of searching out the Scriptures with sisters in Christ, and for the blessings that these ladies are in my life.
4. I am thankful for the repaired upstairs a/c, which meant that all of the children could sleep in their own beds finally last night and get the rest they need.
5. I am thankful for the 4th of July tomorrow with family, fun, and fireworks!
6. I am thankful to live in a country where I still have the freedom to worship the Lord without retribution, unlike some parts of the world today.
7. I am thankful for the blessings of home – love, laughter and comfort.
8. I am thankful for this passage in Romans –
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God. And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perserverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while were still helpless, at the right time, Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” -Romans 5: 1-8
Such glorious truths to meditate on.
9. I am thankful for the joy of walking with the Lord, trusting Him with all the details of my life and resting in His love and care.
10. I am thankful for sweet hugs from my children.
To read more thankful thoughts, click the button below to find the list of particpants in this week’s Thankful Thursday.
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |