“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here is my thankful list for this week –
1, I am thankful for a bit of clouds and cooler weather yesterday – at one point, there almost seemed to be a hint (or a tease, as Jeff called it) of Fall in the air. I know the hot will be back – after all, this is Texas and August is our hottest month of the year – but it was a nice oasis in the desert we’ve been experiencing lately.
2. I am thankful that Jeff’s car is repaired and driveable. There are a few minor repairs yet to be done, but he is driving it again and that means that I have the van back to run the errands that I have been putting off all week. I am also thankful that the insurance situation worked out so well – we will be able to pay for the repairs and keep the title as well, even though they supposedly totaled the car!
3. I am thankful for another incredible Bible Study lesson this week in Romans. We had a fruitful time of discussion and sweet fellowship as we mined God’s blessed Word together. I am thankful for Christ’s marvelous gift of salvation, and all that we have as a result of our adoption as God’s sons (and daughters!)
4. I am thankful for all of the wonderful books we found at the library sale last week and for the ability to build our home library with good quality literature for our children.
5. I am thankful that Tommy was able to go to Six Flags with his friends this week, and that even in 100+ degree weather, he had a great time and enjoyed all of the big roller coasters that he rode for the first time ever!
6. I am thankful for the simple pleasures of this week – homemade biscuits and honey straight from the hive (our friends’ hive – not ours), my wedding ring quilt on my bed where I write, pushing littles on the swing under the canopy of trees by the pond, the smell of fresh clean laundry as I fold it, the sight of harvesters in the corn fields all around our home and our first pumpkin harvested from our own garden.
7. I am thankful for my family – my husband and each and every one of my children – that even when things are difficult and relationships are less than perfect, we are still a family, brought together and formed by God for His glory. I am thankful that we don’t have to be perfect, but that we just need to love each other, support each other and encourage each other in our walk with the Lord, and that God will supply all of the wisdom we need to do these things in our families if we ask Him.
8. I am thankful for blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream, and all of the memories that I have of my grandmother preparing this for her family.
9. I am thankful for my son, Matthew, who is so dear to my heart, even though I don’t tell him so often enough! He is growing into a fine young man with a kind and sensitive heart for God and a delightful sense of humor that always puts a smile on my face. His mechanical abilities marvel me and his wisdom and perspective make me stop and rethink my own many times. I pray that he will always know how special he is to us and how much his name’s meaning is true to us – he is a “gift from God”.
10. I am thankful for sunny mornings and the freshness of a new day, and the fact that morning always follows the night and God’s promises are always faithful.
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |