“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here is my thankful list for this week –
1. I am thankful for the cooler weather we had this week – and the promise of Fall that it gave us a foretaste of.
2. I am thankful for the Lord’s provision this week, just when we needed it.
3. I am thankful that Tommy’s trip to the dentist went well and that we were able to forego having his teeth pulled.
4. I am thankful for the blessings of home this week – my time in the kitchen, producing breads has been rewarding and fruitful, my laundry pile is getting close to caught up, and my days with my children are full and frantic at times, but I enjoy being with them so much.
5. I am thankful that my baby blackberry plants seem to be thriving and growing (which is more than I can say for the blueberries and raspberries!) – which is okay, because the blackberries are my favorite!
6. I am thankful that gas prices have gone down a bit – aren’t we all?!
7. I am thankful for this quiet week before next week which will be very busy.
8. I am thankful for my calm, rational husband – who helps me keep perspective and can see solutions for my problems when my crazy brain can’t think straight anymore!
9. I am thankful for the Lord, who does the same thing for me – when I finally remember to ask for His help – when will I ever learn to ask in the beginning?
10. I am thankful for Cora at Hidden Riches From Secret Places, who is such a blessing and inspiration to me with her transparent and humble posts, always filled with her faith in the Lord and the joy she has in just following Him. Please keep Cora in your prayers as she is undergoing cancer treatment. And stop by and visit her – you’ll be blessed!
To read more thankful thoughts, click on the button below (and then click on “Main Page”) to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday.
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |