“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
I almost let this one slip by! Here’s my thankful list – better late than never –
1. I am thankful for our first week of school – that things have gone fairly smoothly and that our lessons have been fruitful.
2. I am thankful for the lovely Autumn picture books that have been arriving in the mail this week from Amazon. I can’t wait to snuggle up with the children and enjoy them together.
3. I am thankful for the ministry of providing delicious meals for my family, and for the closeness and memories that are formed together in the kitchen.
4. I am thankful for the rain that will be arriving this weekend from Hurricane Ike, and I am thankful that we are close enough to enjoy the rain, but far enough to miss the damage – please keep those on the coast in your prayers!
5. I am thankful that I have Stamp Club this weekend! I have missed the last few meetings and it will be good to get together and craft with the girls again.
6. I am thankful for the coziness of home and family as we enter into the Autumn season.
7. I am thankful for Rice Krispie Treats in September! For some reason, I always want to make these this month every year. I made a batch yesterday and they lasted about 30 minutes – guess it’s time to start doubling the recipe!
8. I am thankful that I received my first letters from The Simple Woman’s Writing Circle today. How fun it will be to exchange “real” letters with new friends around the country.
9. I am thankful for my digital camera – a day rarely goes by anymore without me taking pictures of someone or something that blesses me. I love being able to see them right away and retake if necessary – and I’m sure that I will end up with so many more pictures to look back on in the future – that is, if I ever actually get around to printing them out.
10. I am thankful for Fall decorating! – which has started at our house, but will be continuing for weeks to come as pumpkins, gourds and berries are added to our home –
To read more thankful thoughts, click on the button below (and then “Main Page”) to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday.
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |