“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Here are some simple thankful thoughts for today –
1. I am thankful for busy days – filled with children, teaching, cooking and growing together.
2. I am thankful for the sun shining in my window, waking me up with a smile to greet the new day.
3. I am thankful for a nice hot shower every morning (or sometimes afternoon!).
4. I am thankful for being able to watch my children grow and master a skill or concept that they previously struggled with.
5. I am thankful for Andy Griffith at lunchtime.
6. I am thankful for the smell of clean laundry as I fold it.
7. I am thankful for sitting on the porch, watching the children play, and observing the glory of God’s creation.
8. I am thankful for time spent in the kitchen cooking and baking for my family.
9. I am thankful for quiet(?) evenings at home together, even when we’re all doing something different.
10. I am thankful for the many blessings every day that I overlook or take for granted, and I pray that the Lord would make me ever mindful of them.
“This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118: 24
To read more thankful thoughts, click the button below to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday.
Filed under: Uncategorized |