“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
It has been an eventful week so far – much to be thankful for –
1. I am thankful for the nice rain we had yesterday, and the cool front it brought with it.
2. I am thankful that my son, Ryan, was not injured when a truck turned into his lane and hit him yesterday. His car will probably be totaled, but for the moment is driveable. I thank you, Lord, for protecting my sweet boy!
3. I am thankful that our mainline plumbing clog has been cleared and that we are able to use our bathrooms again! I am thankful for the wonderful invention of indoor plumbing, and doubt that any of us will be taking this convenience for granted for quite awhile.
4. I am thankful for the beautiful colors of the leaves, as they are transforming all around us.
5. I am thankful for our successful garage sale last weekend, and for the wonderful bargains that the Lord blessed us with through our neighbors’ sales.
6. I am thankful for my Dad, whose birthday was last Friday – for the blessing of his life, love, wisdom and care.
7. I am thankful that the Lord is sovereign over everything – including elections – and that His perfect plan will come to pass.
8. I am thankful for our monthly paycheck yesterday and the ability to stock up the pantry for another month.
9. I am thankful that Jeff worked from home yesterday, so that he could be here when the septic serviceman, and finally the plumber, were here. I’m never comfortable dealing with them, and I am thankful that Jeff handles it, so that I don’t have to.
10. I am thankful that God is faithful to provide for all of our needs and that we can rest in that truth.
To read more thankful thoughts, click on the button below to find the list of participants in this week’s
Thankful Thursday. Have a wonderful day!
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |