“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
I’m taking a break from the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival train to post my Thankful Thursday (assuming my fingers hold out). I am truly thankful for all of the sweet and lovely comments I have been getting on my giveaway post and for the wonderful new blogs I’ve discovered on my journey around blogworld. I can’t wait to get to know you all better!
And now for the “official” list – my Thankful list for this week –
1. I am thankful for the beautiful Fall days we are experiencing here.
2. I am thankful for all of the October birthday people in my extended family. We had such a great time celebrating them with our costume party last weekend. (P.S. Family – do I have your permission to share some of the photos? – e-mail me.)
3. I am thankful for Mommy Reg at Mommyhood Adventures for honoring me with a blog award this week, and for her visits to my blog and the blessing that her comments always are to me.
**Updated to say – ooo, I just found out that Michelle at Sleepy Cat Hollow has also honored me with an award! Wow! Two in one week! – I am truly speechless. Thank you so much, Michelle, for the award and for the blessing of your visits to my blog, as well! I’ll get those award posts up Asap!
4. I am thankful for the promise of a fun weekend ahead with our Fall Festival and Reformation Day celebrations.
5. I am thankful that my sister-in-law’s arm operation went well last week and that she is now on the path to recovery of arm movement.
6. I am thankful that Jack (our black Lab) did well this week with being crated in the house for the night, when it was too cold for him to be outside. It’s good to know that he will not be a challenge later in the winter when he needs to spend more evenings in the house.
7. I am thankful for the home and land that God has blessed us with in the country – and for the joy of being surrounded by nature and the lessons and love that God speaks to me of, through it.
8. I am thankful for the blessing of my children, who are so special and precious to me. They each have their own unique strengths and gifts to offer the world and I look forward to seeing God’s plan for them unfold in their lives in each unique way.
9. I am thankful for my husband – the man that God has given me to walk this pathway called life with – for his patience, forgiving spirit, faith, and love for me, even when I don’t deserve it.
10. I am thankful for the truth of this verse of Scripture –
“And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
Thank you for sharing my list with me today! To read more thankful thoughts, click the button below to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday.
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |