“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
We’ve got a busy day going today with cookie baking, pumpkin and seed roasting, snack making and the usual daily events mixed in, but I wanted to write up a quick Thankful list for the week before I got up to my ears in flour –
1. I am thankful for the rain we had this week that was a needed refreshment for all.
2. I am thankful for my husband, Jeff, who is celebrating his birthday this week – for his Godly example, love for his family and tender heart.
3. I am thankful for fun family nights, like tonight – with special occasions, special treats and special memories to make.
4. I am thankful for the great time that we had at the outdoor Fall Festival last weekend, and the generosity of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law in treating us all (no small feat!) to the day.
5. I am thankful for the work that I’ve been able to get done on Michael’s stocking this week – it looks like it will be done in time to hang it up with the others after Thanksgiving.
6. I am thankful for our church – for the Godly teaching and friendships that we have found there.
7. I am thankful for good movies like “Facing the Giants”, and how they teach my children the truths of God’s Word in everyday life.
8. I am thankful for these words from Scripture –
“But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,
I say, ‘You are my God.’
My times are in Your hand. . .”
Well, I’m off to the kitchen now. To read more thankful lists, click the button below to find the list of participants in this week’s Thankful Thursday. Have a wonderful day!
Filed under: Thankful Thursday |